Thursday 11 August 2011

WE ARE BORN

image via wikipedia


A few weeks ago I gathered my finest fake id and metro pass and headed to Sherbourne to see Sia and Oh Land at the Phoenix.  Going into the show I was completely unaware of any of Oh Land's music and could vaguely remember some of Sia's work having heard it in the cinematic gem, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse."  Despite the fact that the only song I was familiar with in the performance was the encore finale tune, "Breathe me," I was completely mesmerized and blown away by the entire show. I hadn't been to a concert in so long that didn't involve angsty pre-teens punching me in the stomach or starting shit in a sweaty mosh pit.  The entire concert was so mellow.  From start to finish Sia's flawless voice took over the entire Phoenix concert theatre as her loyal fans screamed for her to play their favourite tracks from her catalogue of albums spanning over a decade.  Having seen Adele perform live in the past, I have to say that Sia's performance was just as captivating and engaging. Although I wasn't one of the loyal Sia fanatics entering the Phoenix on that sweltering July night, I can honestly say that the concert made me want to go home and get the entire setlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment